I recently read Crush Your Career: Ace the Interview, Land the Job, and Launch Your Future by Dee Ann Turner. You can read my review here. This is a very helpful book for anyone looking for a job and growing their career. Reading this book was like sitting down for a personal mentoring session with the author in a favorite coffee shop on how to find a calling that is fulfilling and work that will help you reach your personal and professional dreams.
Here are 20 more great quotes from the book:
- As leaders, it is sometimes easier for us to see potential for the future in others than it is for them to see it in themselves. It is the role of the leader to help others discover their paths.
- Understanding our calling is critical to finding a career that gives our work life meaning. Without a calling, a job is just work.
- One of the most significant roles that leaders in our lives play is helping us find our purpose.
- Without a compass to guide us, it is easy to lose our way. Core values are the guideposts on the journey to living out our purpose and achieving our mission.
- Your personal brand is how you represent yourself. It is the unique combination of capabilities, experiences, and personal values that you want others to know about you.
- Most employers look for people with strong character. They want to select talent whose character matches the organization.