Tom Nelson is the lead senior pastor at Christ Community Church in Kansas City. His book Work Matters: Connecting Sunday Worship to Monday Work is one of my favorite books on integrating our faith and work. In his latest book The Economics of Neighborly Good, he asks “When it comes to faith, work, and economic integration, how are you and your church doing? Are you thoughtfully addressing the Sunday-to-Monday gap?”
Here are 25 great quotes about work from the book:
- A primary way God designed us to love our neighbors is for us to do our work well, and from our work to have the capacity to be generous to neighbors in need.
- Doing our work well matters to God and to our neighbor. The best workers make for the best neighbors.
- Whether our work is paid or not paid, our work is to glorify God, honor others, and add value to their lives.
- We may retire from our paycheck, but we never retire from work. We never retire from the privilege and responsibility of neighborly love.
- Fruitfulness means adding value and bestowing honor to others in and through our work.
- To minimize our unique creativity is to diminish the God who designed us in his image. Each one of us has the capacity to be creative and to reflect God with our creative output. Continue reading