- The FAQs: Supreme Court Ruling Protects Faith-Affirming Foster Care. Joe Carter writes “On June 17, the U.S. Supreme Court issued a ruling in Sharonell Fulton, et al. v. City of Philadelphia, an important religious-liberty case involving faith-based foster care and adoption providers. The unanimous decision of the Court is that Philadelphia violated the Free Exercise Clause of the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services (CSS) for foster care unless it agreed to certify same-sex couples as foster parents.
- A Particular Disapproval of Gay Pride. John Piper writes “Biblically faithful Christians do not disapprove of Gay Pride the way non-Christians do. Christian disapproval is peculiar. It is rooted in, sustained by, and aimed at realities for which non-Christians have no taste: the cross of Christ, the power of the Holy Spirit, and the glory of God. It is Trinitarian: God the Son, God the Spirit, and God the Father.”
- Should the Church Support the Total Abolition of Abortion? Abortion is one of the greatest sins that has ever marred the history of civilization. How should Christians respond to this evil and work toward bringing it to an end? From one of Ligonier’s live events, Sinclair Ferguson and Burk Parsons respond.
- Voddie Baucham at NRB on “Fault Lines: The Social Justice Movement”. Eric Metaxas interviews Voddie Baucham about his excellent new book Fault Lines: The Social Justice Movement and Evangelicalism’s Looming Catastrophe, which I’m reading and discussing with a few friends.
Click on ‘Continue reading’ for:
- More interesting article links
- Favorite Quotes of the Week