Faith and Work News ~ Links to Interesting Articles
- Called to Lead Book. My book Called to Lead: Living and Leading for Jesus in the Workplace was recently released. The book is now available on Amazon for all Kindle devices and Kindle apps.
- Grief, Hope, and Work in a Time of Pandemic. Gage Arnold writes “Even amid a pandemic, our need for work and our need to continue the Genesis 1:27 cultural mandate of being fruitful and multiplying still holds fast. While the work may look different, the promises of scripture stand firm amidst the shaking of our own infrastructures and idols of comfort.
- Work is a Way to Love Our Neighbors. Watch this message from Katherine Leary Alsdorf, founder and former executive director of Redeemer Presbyterian’s Center for Faith & Work, and co-author with Tim Keller of Every Good Endeavor.
- God’s Presence with Moses. Russell Gehrlein, author of Immanuel Labor-God’s Presence in Our Profession, writes “Having a good understanding of what it means to be a coworker with God as He works through us to meet the needs of our customers, fellow employees, subordinates, and supervisors makes all the difference in how we approach our own jobs every day, no matter what job we have.”
- JOB vs. CAREER vs. CALLING: What’s the Difference? In this video, Paul Sohn explains the difference between a job, career and calling. Often, we use these words interchangeably but the actual meaning of them are quite different. At the end, Paul shares tips on how to transform your job into a calling.
- The Simple, Effective, and Free Path to Loving Your Work. Everyone needs three things in order to love their work. This episode of the At the Table podcast with Patrick Lencioni addresses job fulfillment, employee satisfaction, and what managers need to give the people they lead.
Click on ‘Continue reading’ for:
- More links to interesting articles
- The Top 10 Faith and Work Quotes of the Week
- My Review of “The Economics of Neighborly Good: Investing in Your Community’s Compassion and Capacity” by Tom Nelson
- Snippets from Os Guinness’ book “The Call: Finding and Fulfilling God’s Purpose For Your Life”