Faith and Work News ~ Links to Interesting Articles
- The Triune God is a Worker. In this article, Russ Gehrlein shares some excerpts from Chapter 3 of his book, Immanuel Labor – God’s Presence in our Profession.
- Called to Lead. My book Called to Lead: Living and Leading for Jesus in the Workplace is available in both a paperback and Kindle edition. Read a free sample (Introduction through Chapter 2).
- Remember: Your Co-Workers Don’t Have the Church. Adam Nesmith writes “One of the most important things you can do as you go off to work is to remember that your coworkers don’t have the Church. And that has several implications that you should keep in mind when you enter the world of your 9 to 5.”
- Your Soul or Your Job. You Choose. Will your church membership cost you your job? It’s not just a hypothetical question. The new chief executive of a major Australian sports franchise lasted exactly one day on the job after a hideous scandal was discovered—he attends an evangelical church and leads its board.
- What Does It Mean to Represent Jesus in My Job? In this short video, Bryan Chapell states “If we are representing Jesus in our work, it means there’s value to our work because we are showing the world his character and care—and that’s always part of our witness. And that’s an important thing. It’s also important to recognize that in representing Jesus, we are fulfilling the purposes he has for ordering the world.”
Click on ‘Continue reading’ for:
- More links to interesting articles
- The Top 10 Faith and Work Quotes of the Week
- My Review of Lead Like It Matters to God: Values-Driven Leadership in a Success-Driven World by Richard Stearns
- Quotes from the book You’re Only Human: How Your Limits Reflect God’s Design and Why That’s Good News by Kelly Kapic