As I have for several years, I’m sharing some of my favorites in a variety of categories for the first half of 2021. As with 2020, this list will look a little different from previous years due to the COVID-19 pandemic, as we have not been to any concerts or conferences, and we have seen very few films thus far this year.
Except for books, these are all items that were released in 2021. For books, I include my favorite books that I’ve read this year, regardless of when the book was originally published.
Enjoy, and please let me know what you think of my list, as well as what would be on your list. Continue reading
As has been my practice for several years, I want to share with you my favorites for 2020 in a variety of categories. (Here is my list from 2019). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this year’s list will look very different from past years, as concerts and conferences have been cancelled and movie theatres have been closed.
Except for books, and the film A Hidden Life (a 2019 film that wasn’t available for me to see until 2020), these are all items that were released in 2020. For books, I include my favorite books that I read during 2020, regardless of when the book was published.
Enjoy, and please let me know what you think of my list, as well as what would be on your list.
Top Pick: A Hidden Life (read my review here).
Other films I enjoyed, in no particular order, were:
- Just Mercy
Top Pick: Patient Kingdom – Sandra McCracken (read my review here)
Here are the rest of my Top 10 albums of 2020:
- The Life of Christ Quintology – Keith and Kristyn Getty (and friends)
- Rough and Rowdy Ways – Bob Dylan
- McCartney III – Paul McCartney
- Restoration – Lecrae
- Out of Body – NEEDTOBREATHE
- Chris Tomlin and Friends – Chris Tomlin
- Live from the Forum MMXVIII – Eagles
- Blues with Friends – Dion
- Let There Be Wonder – Matt Redman
Other albums I enjoyed, in no particular order, were:
- American Standard – James Taylor
- Christ Be All EP – Grace Worship
- The Lost Demos EP – TobyMac
- Evensong – Hymns and Lullabies at The Close of Day – Keith and Kristyn Getty
- Letter to You – Bruce Springsteen
- A Drummer Boy Christmas – for King & Country
- Vintage – Shane and Shane