While Bill is with his Dad and brother at the Cubs/Cards game at Wrigley Field, I’ll be the guest blogger for today.
Men, do you need a great marriage or dating tip? Have you ever heard the words, “Don’t try to fix it. I just need you to listen”? Then go to: It’s Not About The Nail ~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg
Looking for a great movie? Look no further than “Lee Daniels’ The Butler” – lots of great Oscar-worthy acting, set design, costumes and makeup, but most of all a powerful movie that will stir your hearts and begin some great discussions.
Under Book Reviews, check out ~ Robert Griffin III: Football, Faith and Leadership by Ted Kluck. Under Music Reviews, take a peek at reviews of Reckless by Jeremy Camp and The Struggle by Tenth Avenue North.
Here’s some other titillating tidbits we call This and That.
• Jars of Clay’s Inland album is now available for pre-order on iTunes. When you pre-order the album the track “Fall Asleep” is downloaded. The album will be released August 27.
• One of Bill’s favorite blogs is Tim Challies’ Informing the Reforming. Check out his website at http://www.challies.com for how to sign up to receive updates. His daily A La Carte email often features special Kindle deals of interest to Christian readers.
• Singer-songwriter Fernando Ortega will be in concert at the First Baptist Church of Pekin on January 25.
• Ligonier Ministries has announced details for their 2014 National Conference. The conference will be held at the First Baptist Church in Orlando March 13-15. The theme will be “Overcoming the World: Being a Christian in a Post-Christian Culture”. Speakers will be R.C. Sproul, Sinclair Ferguson, Albert Mohler, Derek Thomas, Voddie Bauchham, Robert Godfrey, Steven Lawson, Stephen Nichols and R.C. Sproul Jr. More information should be available shortly at http://www.ligonier.org/conferences.
• Each Friday, Ligonier Ministries offers select resources for only $5 on “$5 Friday. Just to http://www.ligonier.org/store/collection/5-friday/ for the specials beginning at 12:01 a.m. (EST) each Friday.
• Steven Curtis Chapman’s first full album of original songs in seven years, The Glorious Unfolding, will be released on September 30. The album centers around the idea that God is at work telling a story through the wonderful and amazing as well as the painful chapters of our lives, something Chapman understands first hand. As he explains, “As I’ve journeyed through this story, I’m more convinced than ever that He does know the plans that He has for us and He will finish what He started. God is telling an amazing, glorious, epic story and we must decide if we will trust Him with it.” Chapman will visit 35+ cities on the first leg of “The Glorious Unfolding” Tour alongside Laura Story and Jason Gray. The first single “Love Take Me Over,” was released to radio July 26.
Enjoy this beautiful August Saturday, and no, I’m not ready for back to school supplies and the end of summer. I love sandals, shorts and t-shirts, along with sitting on the patio with a tall cold glass of iced tea, playing spider solitaire on my iPad and listening to the bug noises in the evening. Or how about taking a drive out to Lake Bloomington, roll the windows down and crank up Zac Brown Band’s Chicken Fried song? I vote for Endless Summer.
Tammy Pence http://coramdeotheblog.com/
P.S. They need Sirius Radio on Segways! I love the 70’s on 7, deep tracks (album cuts), Elvis radio, Soul Town and The Groove (classic and old skool R&B, Soul and Motown).
August 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm
I vote for endless summer too! And….I actually HAVE taken a drive around the lake listening to “Chicken Fried” and other great country songs!! Great minds and all that.
Good job filling in for Bill. Go Braves!