Faith and Work News ~ Links to Interesting Articles
- Called to Lead: Living and Leading for Jesus in the Workplace. My new book Called to Lead: Living and Leading for Jesus in the Workplace is now available in both paperback and Kindle editions. Check out a FREE sample of the book (Introduction through Chapter 2).
- God Continues to Use Carpenters. Russ Gehrlein writes “We need to encourage those who do work for us and with us that their work truly matters to God.”
- Anxious Graduates, Work and Rest, and a Pastor Who Got Paid with 250 Gallons of Wine. Scott Sauls writes “When you start to inject Sabbath into the rhythm of your work, your work will get better and you will get better in your work. It’s how the universe works.”
- Responsibility vs. Authority. This episode of the Andy Stanley Leadership Podcast looks at the tricky relationship between responsibility and authority. In a healthy organization, your responsibility will always exceed your authority.
- Seven Summer Reads to Check Out Before Summer Ends. Jacqueline Issacs shares seven non-fiction recommended books to read, two of which I can also recommend – Why I Love the Apostle Paul: 30 Reasons by John Piper and The Economics of Neighborly Love: Investing in Your Community’s Compassion and Capacity by Tom Nelson.
- Three Points to Consider About Common Grace and Business. Vincent Bacote writes “Common grace gives us the opportunity for a public holiness in domains such as business and economics, an opportunity linked to our personal aspirations for Christlike character.”
Click on ‘Continue reading’ for:
- More links to interesting articles
- The Top 10 Faith and Work Quotes of the Week
- My Review of The Leadership Style of Jesus: How to Make a Lasting Impact by Michael Youssef
- Snippets from Os Guinness’ book “The Call: Finding and Fulfilling God’s Purpose For Your Life”