Faith and Work News ~ Links to Interesting Articles
- What does Ecclesiastes Teach us About Work? Russell Gehrlein shares quotes about work from Ecclesiastes that he included in his book Immanuel Labor – God’s Presence in our Profession.
- The Non-Negotiable Virtue in Leadership. Matthew J. Hall writes “If those we lead doubt our character, it really doesn’t matter what they think of our competence.”
- Character. In this episode of Minute with Maxwell, John Maxwell tells us that character is the core of leadership.
- Stop Running from Rest. Stephen Graves writes “Rest is an unmistakable priority—in Scripture and in my own experience. Work always attempts to invade rest, though, and therefore, rest requires faith. We have to believe that the God who tells us to take a break, the God who made us to need rest, can take care of everything in our stead.”
- I’m Not Good at My Job – Is the Lord Telling Me to Quit? On this episode of the Ask Pastor John podcast, John Piper responds to the question “What role does success play in discerning my vocational calling?”
- When Your Calling Seems Vague and Unclear, You’re on the Right Track. Jeff Goins writes “Discovering what you were meant to do will require action and reflection, and this is how awareness of our calling is grown.This is what will ultimately lead to the realization that this thing you’re doing, this all-important something, just might be what you were born for.”
Click on ‘Continue reading’ for:
- More links to interesting articles
- The Top 10 Faith and Work Quotes of the Week
- My Review of Mission at Work: Finding God’s Grace Through Your Professional Work by Bryan Chapell
- Snippets from Chapter 12 of Os Guinness’ book “The Call: Finding and Fulfilling God’s Purpose For Your Life”