- Dear Moms, You Do More Than You Know. Kevin DeYoung writes “Here’s what I know from the first chapter and a half of Exodus: Up to this point in Exodus, the entire story has been moved forward by women, and specifically by women looking after children. This great story of divine deliverance–this world famous salvation story that will set the table for the salvation story of Calvary that is yet to come–would never have gotten off the ground if it weren’t for women.”
- How to Handle Your Spouses’ Sexual Past. Jasmine Holmes shares these three sins to fight.
- Five Suggestions for Christians in the Midst of the Sexual Revolution. Kevin DeYoung writes “Hardly a week goes by without another social media parade marching by in celebration of the sexual revolution.” He offers five suggestions on how evangelical Christians and evangelical churches should respond.
- I Am An Old-Fashioned Christian. Tim Challies writes “I get the books. I read the articles. I see the news. Christianity seems ready to move on. And I realize anew: I am an old-fashioned kind of Christian.” Your Neighbor Knows About the Wrath of God. John Piper writes “My plea is that all of us who love the gospel of Jesus and who love people will not shrink back from speaking boldly and clearly and wisely about the whole counsel of God, including the wonderful truth that Jesus delivers from the wrath of God.”
- Adoption Improved the Perfect Little Family. In this five-minute video, Voddie and Bridget Baucham discuss their adoption journey and what God has been teaching them through it.
- What Is a Christian’s Responsibility to Government? R.C. Sproul writes “The New Testament gives us some broad principles on how we are supposed to respond to government.”
COMFORT FOR THE HURTING:
- A Prayer for Reaffirming God Is in Control of All Things All the Time. Here’s a wonderful prayer from Scotty Smith about the Providence of God.
- A Big God Will Eclipse Every Pain. Marshall Segal writes “Often the moments of life we feel most helpful are when sitting with friends or family who are suffering.”
- If the Gospel Isn’t Shaping Your Church, What Is? Mark Dever (pastor of Capitol Hill Baptist Church in Washington, D.C.), J. D. Greear (pastor of The Summit Church in Durham, North Carolina) and John Onwuchekwa (pastor of Cornerstone Church in Atlanta, Georgia) reflect on the “gospel-centeredness” of their own ministries, share advice for church leaders, and more.
- Tough Love for the Black Church. Christianity Today interviews Thabiti Anyabwile, a Reformed pastor in Washington, D.C., who offers celebration, critique, and hope for revival.
IN THE NEWS:
- An Appeal to Men to Stand up for Women and Care for and Defend Their Children. Randy Alcorn shares the tenth “Planned Parenthood” video and writes “The history of abortion in America should bring more shame to men than to anyone. No pregnancy happens without a man. Men should take the responsibility for their own purity and to protect that of women.” He also offers a free copy of his Randy Alcorn’s book Why ProLife?
- Yogi Berra Dies. The Yankee great passed away recently at the age of 90. Here are some of his famous sayings accumulated by Gene Veith.
- Conference Messages from the series: 2015 For the Church Conference. Here are the audio and video messages from this recent conference, which included Russell Moore, David Platt, Russell Moore, Darrin Patrick and others.
- Ligonier Ministries 2016 National Conference. The conference will be held at First Baptist Church in Orlando February 25-27. The conference theme will be “The Gospel”. Speakers will include R.C. Sproul, Sinclair Ferguson, Albert Mohler, Robert Godfrey, Ian Hamilton, Michael Reeves and others.
- A New Pro-Life Apologetics TV Show Coming This Fall. Justin Taylor writes “Life Training Institute, in partnership with Burning Bush Communications (and endorsed by the National Religious Broadcasters), is launching a 13-episode pro-life apologetics show this Fall. You can view episode 1 here, hosted by Scott Klusendorf.
- A Tribute to R.C. Sproul. I enjoyed reading this tribute from Nicholas Batzig about Dr. Sproul, whose ministry has profoundly impacted my life as well.
One of these days you may be unable to get rid of those habits which you are now forming. Charles Spurgeon
When God has given you your heart’s desire, what have you done with your heart’s desire? Jeremiah Burroughs
God answers the prayer we ought to have made rather than the prayer we did make. J.I. Packer