Faith and Work News ~ Links to Interesting Articles
- What Do I Do If I Don’t Like My Job? In this short video, Bryan Chapell states “So when we’re in a job that we don’t like so much, apply the George Bailey Test. If you didn’t do it, if nobody did it, what would be the effects upon the world? And suddenly, we begin to recognize that even in the onerous jobs, there is a glory that God intends for his people as they do what needs to be done.”
- 11 Passages to Read When You Lose Your Job. Crossway shares these helpful passages from scripture to read when you lose your job.
- The Groan and Glory of Our Work. Scott Sauls writes “Work is glorious because of how it intersects with God’s ongoing creative, restorative mission in the world.”
- Saints are Needed in Every Sphere. In this discussion, Carl Ellis, Phillip Holmes, and David Platt talk about why we need Christians in a wide variety of vocational spheres—and the effect their work can have for the kingdom.
Click on ‘Continue reading’ for:
- More links to interesting articles
- The Top 10 Faith and Work Quotes of the Week
- My Review of Master What Matters: 12 Value Choices to Help You Win at Life by John Maxwell
- Quotes from the book You’re Only Human: How Your Limits Reflect God’s Design and Why That’s Good News by Kelly Kapic