Summer is a great time for reading, whether it is on the backyard patio as the birds feast at the feeder or on a family vacation. This summer, I have several books, in a variety of genres (sports, leadership, culture, theology), that I plan to be reading. Here they are:
Bible Reading. My wife Tammy and I are reading through the Bible, a chapter at a time. As of this writing, we are in the book of Leviticus, using the Reformation Study Bible (English Standard Version).
Devotional Reading. This year, I’m using two resources for my daily devotional reading:
Book Clubs: I am reading through five books as part book clubs:
- Strange New World by Carl Trueman. Tammy and I are reading and discussing this important new book. Here’s a link to my review.
- The Postmodern Pilgrim’s Progress by Kyle Mann and Joel Berry. Tammy and I are on the launch team for this book. Here’s a link to my review.
- Gentle and Lowly by Dane Ortlund. A few friends and I are reading and discussing this book on Friday mornings as we enjoy breakfast at a favorite restaurant. Here’s a link to my review.
- Providence by John Piper. I’m reading through this book and posting quotes on the Coram Deo blog.
- You’re Only Human by Kelly Kapic. I’m reading through this book and posting quotes on the Coram Deo
Get Up, Baby!: My Seven Decades With the St. Louis Cardinals by Mike Shannon
The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership: Follow Them and People Will Follow You (25th Anniversary Edition) by John Maxwell
Tell Me the Stories of Jesus by Albert Mohler
The Conviction to Lead (Revised and Expanded Edition) by Albert Mohler
Characters of Creation by Daniel Darling
These are the books I’m planning to read this summer? How about you? Please share what books you are planning to read.