Just a reminder that “early bird” pricing for the Biblical Imagination Conference on Matthew and Michael Card’s concert is available only through February 25.
Christ Church and East White Oak Bible Church are pleased to host respected singer/songwriter, Bible teacher and author Michael Card for the Biblical Imagination Conference Matthew: The Gospel of Identity on April 25-26, and concert on April 27. The conference will be held at Christ Church in Normal, and the concert at East White Oak Bible Church in Carlock.
This short promotional video will give you, your family and your church an idea of what to expect at the conference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GafOGsbbz88
More details about the conference, including the schedule, are available at the conference site at: http://biblicalimagination.com/#/conferences/normal-il-425-27
Tickets for the conference (which includes the concert) can be purchased at: http://store.michaelcard.com/conference.aspx
Tickets for the concert only can be purchased at: http://store.michaelcard.com/concerttickets.aspx
Conference tickets are now just $48; after February 25, $58. Tickets for the concert only are now only $13; after February 25, $18.
Please share this on your personal Facebook sites and encourage your friends to attend.
If you have any questions, or need additional information, please contact Bill Pence at (309) 452-5438 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Dr. R.C. Sproul celebrated his 75th birthday on February 13. The day before, blogger Tim Challies published his infographic on Sproul. You can see it here: http://www.challies.com/resources/rc-sproul-the-happy-birthday-infographic
- And speaking of R.C., his next book will be Everyone’s a Theologian, which will be released March 15 at Ligonier Ministries’ National Conference.
- Here’s a helpful article from the Desiring God blog “Three Questions to Ask Before Watching a Movie”. Read it here: http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/three-questions-to-ask-before-watching-a-movie
- All three of the excellent God’s Word for You series books by Tim Keller (on Galatians, Judges and Roman) are now 50% off from Christianaudio through February 28. Read more here:
- Desiring God’s recent conference for Pastors focused on the topic of union with Christ. All the media from the conference is now available for unlimited streaming and download, all free of charge. Check out the messages by John Piper, Sinclair Ferguson, Michael Horton and others here: http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/now-available-new-messages-on-union-with-christ
- Here’s an interesting article from the Gospel Coalition about faith at work. Read it here: http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2014/02/13/when-to-go-public-with-faith-at-work/
- And speaking of the Gospel Coalition, Council member Darrin Patrick, a pastor from St. Louis provides this interview with Mike Matheny, manager of the St. Louis Cardinals: http://thegospelcoalition.org/blogs/tgc/2014/02/12/cardinals-manager-mike-matheny-on-baseball-manhood-and-faith/
- Sinclair Ferguson, one of my favorite theologians, shares lessons from a lifetime of pastoring in this video: Lessons from a Lifetime of Pastoring
- Do you use the acrostic ACTS to guide your prayer time? Check out this short article on ACTS and then download the digital edition of R.C. Sproul’s book The Prayer of the Lord free during February – http://www.ligonier.org/blog/simple-acrostic-prayer/
- Watch this four minute video from John Piper on the God who displays his glory not by our working for him, but his working for us: http://www.desiringgod.org/blog/posts/when-god-works-for-you
- Steven Lawson’s latest book is The Evangelistic Zeal of George Whitfield. It is part of the Long Line of Godly Men Profiles series.
- “Alone Yet Not Alone”, the Joni Eareckson Tada song that had been nominated for an Oscar but then had the nomination revoked because of rules violations, is number one on the iTunes Christian and Gospel charts and #81 overall as of this writing.
- The Peter Furler Band (former lead singer of the Newsboys) will release Sun and Shield on March 11.
- The live album from the Passion 2014 conference will be released April 29.
- Michael W. Smith’s new album, Sovereign, will be released May 13
U2 will perform their Oscar-nominated song Ordinary Love live for the first time on the Academy Award telecast on March 2.
I’m a huge Beatles fan. They are my favorite band (followed in order by U2, Switchfoot and Jars of Clay). I remember watching my Aunt Linda screaming at the TV in her parents (my grandparents) living room in Chicago as the Beatles appeared on the Ed Sullivan Show back in 1963. The surviving Beatles, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr appeared together twice recently, the below picture being from a celebration that took place on the 50th anniversary of their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show February 9, 1964.
~ UPDATED PAGES ON THE BLOG ~
New Page: I Peter Paper ~ As I near my graduation from Covenant Seminary, I am revisiting a few of my assignments (papers, etc.) that I completed. Below is a paper I wrote on 1 Peter in 2008 for Dr. Chapman’s New Testament History and Theology course. Thanks to friend and fellow elder Don Lusk for his review of my original paper and his helpful suggestions. (For this version, I have removed the footnoting to make reading easier).
Favorites! Page has been updated – send us a comment with your favorites.
Book Reviews ~ Romans 1-7 For You: For reading, for feeding, for leading (God’s Word for You) by Timothy Keller
New to the Leadership Library ~ Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain.
Movie Reviews ~ The Lego Movie and About Time
Music Review ~ iTunes Session – Third Day
Quotable: Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words – Francis of Assisi